The Nike Hyperdunk 2015 aims to make a big splash this year. Designer Leo Chang made sure to incorporate the key details of the Nike Mag in this new Hyperdunk.
The Hyperdunk changed the game in 2008 and established a new standard for performance basketball shoes wherein the key innovations: Zoom Air, Hyperfuse, Flywire were taken to a whole new level.
The Hyperdunk 2015 stays true to that.
Hyperdunk 2015 upper:
Flexibility and support define the new Hyperdunk upper, led by four technical details born from athlete insight and exhaustive testing:
1. Hyperfuse construction fuses lightweight textile with support skins to create a seamless, one-piece upper for lightweight durability and support.
2. Flexible collar foam helps lock the foot in place, providing the support of a high-top with the feel of a low-top.
3. Internal bootie construction features mesh and foam, which stretch and conform to the foot for a snug, comfortable fit.
4. Nike Flywire technology wraps the foot for a dynamic feel and lockdown support perfected for basketball. Molded channels allow the Flywire cables to loosen and tighten with the natural motion of the foot.
Nike Zoom Air technology provides optimal cushioning for the elevation, impact and dynamic footwork of basketball. For the first time, the Hyperdunk footwear franchise features Zoom Air within a modern midsole construction, which includes three technical details:
1. Zoom Air units in the heel and at the forefoot provide low profile, responsive cushioning for excellent court feel.
2. Midsole foam surrounding the heel functions as a heel counter to enhance stability.
3. Phylon midsole provides lightweight cushioning and stability.
Traction design can make or break a basketball shoe. Nike Basketball’sobsession with traction has propelled the industry to new places with theKYRIE 1 and KOBE X, and continues with the Hyperdunk 2015. Its versatile outsole construction is intended for diverse court surfaces, indoor and outdoor. The Hyperdunk 2015 features three key outsole details:
1. Herringbone pattern refined to enhance tackiness and grip, while delivering durability and traction for an array of court surfaces.
2. Outsole design wraps up the shoe’s sidewall to enhance stability and support in the midfoot area.
3. Outsole material reduction at the heel to minimize weight and reveal the Zoom Air cushioning inside.
Suggested Retail Price and Availability in the Philippines:
The Hyperdunk 2015 retails at 7,495 Php. The red colorway will be available on July 1 followed by the white colorway beginning August 1. 6 key colorways are available July 1 - Sept. 30. It will be out in the following stores: TITAN, NIKE PARK, NIKE STADIUM, NIKE FORUM