The Alaska Aces Team is looking to provide LA Tenorio a new back-up point-guard as they are getting ready to trade the former King Eagle Eric Salamat and their 2nd Round Pick in the upcoming PBA Draft 2012 in exchange for the Air 21 Express' point-guard RJ Jazul. That is according to Admin Roger of the Petron Blaze Booster Team Facebook Page.
If this trade news is true, well, I consider this move of the Aces as a good move considering that they need a solid back-up point-guard for LA Tenorio. Here are the 5 reasons why I like this trade decision of the Aces:
1. LA is no longer that young and he's been through a lot in his almost 7 years of playing in the PBA. Injury wise and experience wise he's been through a lot. He needs a substitute who can play as well as he does.
2. I've seen RJ Jazul play basketball ever since his Letran days and I can say that he can handle the ball well, he can run the offensive plays effectively and he can dish out on point passes very well. Thus, I believe that he is a perfect substitute for LA Tenorio.
3. Jazul is a former Smart Gilas player. That alone is a statement that he is really an elite guard. His experience with Gilas is priceless.
4. Jazul is a 5'11 pointguard. He is quite bigger than LA, thus, he may become a better defensive player than LA in the sense that he'll be able to match-up well against the taller guards of the league. Defensive mismatches will become lesser.
5. Jazul is also a great shooter and he can create plays off the dribble. He can also increase the pace of the game using his run and gun style of game.