Since Petron lost last night against Rain or Shine (ROS) by a large margin, the race to the Finals is now only between 4 Teams, Ginebra, Talk 'n Text, Rain or Shine and Alaska. Actually among these 3 teams, Alaska is the most unlikely team to be in the Finals. Practically, Ginebra and TNT are the 2 teams vying for the Finals Slots because the quotient rule is no longer that important as there will no longer be a 3-way tie between Alaska, Petron and Ginebra. We all know that Petron lost last night against ROS and Alaska on the other hand lost to Ginebra last Friday. Thus, the race for the 2 Finals Slots will now depend on who will have 2 wins or a total of 9 wins starting tonight(Sunday) until the last day of the Semis. Ginebra and TNT are the only teams who can have 9 wins. Alaska's hope to be in the Finals will only be alive if Ginebra and TNT will lose their next games. And so, to give you a clearer idea on what will happen in the next few days, here are some of the PBA semi-finals scenarios that I got from my reliable sources. The 8th scenario is the most unlikely thing to happen because Petron lost last night and Alaska lost to Ginebra last Friday.
1. A win by Ginebra over the Tropang Texters will forge a tie for the No. 1 spot and derail the Grand Slam-seeking Tropang Texters’ bid to go to the championship series for the third straight conference. TNT will have more pressure if they lost tonight against the Gin Kings. Ginebra now has a golden opportunity to be No. 1.
2. If TNT wins against Ginebra tonight, they will already be in the Finals. They will wait on who will be their opponent between Alaska, Rain or Shine and Ginebra in the Finals.
3. Alaska, meanwhile, is hoping that Ginebra, TNT, and Rain or Shine don't reach nine wins for them to still get to the No. 2 spot, which is the 2nd Finals Slot.
4. Even if Alaska wins against B-Meg later in the first game, they will still fail to be in the Finals if Ginebra beats TNT in the second game because Ginebra still has a better record than them.
5. If Ginebra loses against TNT later, Alaska, Petron and Rain or Shine will still have a chance to get the second finals slot.
6. From "Kap": Walang playoff ang Aces kung mag 9 wins pareho ang TnT and BGK.. yung top 2 ang mag aadvance at ndi na kailangang basagin ang tie sa #1 spot. Pag nag tie naman ang Aces at Kings sa 2nd spot, wala ng playoff, Kings ang papasok becoz of the win over the other rule.. playoff incentive will be given to those teams who had won 4 out of 5 games.
7. ANY TIES AT THE END OF THE SEMIS WILL BE RESOLVED BY THE PBA QUOTIENT
IF STILL TIED LIKE BGK-ALA CASE CONFERENCE QUOTIENT WILL DECIDE
(Sir F. Mangonon)
8. If, in case there's a 3 way tie between Ginebra, Petron and Alaska at 8-5, Alaska will advance to the next round with TNT (if they win at least 1 of their last 2 assignments).